|Job Title||Accounts Assistant|
|Reports to||Head of Finance and Administration|
|Direct Reports||Head of Finance|
|Location||Mombasa – Kenya|
ABOUT PEMA KENYA
Pema Kenya is a membership-based organisation founded in 2008 whose work is premised upon creating an enabling environment for its members and the general population to thrive. We are a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer (LGBTIQ)-led organisation that works with LGBTIQ individuals and communities as well as stakeholders seeking to bridge the gap that exists between the general population and gender and sexual minorities (GSM).
For more information about us, visit our website; https://pemakenya.org/
- Job Summary:
The job is responsible for daily control of payments, receipts and computerized accounts input.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Preparation of cheque and cash payment vouchers, taking them for authority to pay and issuing out cheques.
- Procurement of standard items and consumables for the project office.
- Handling all project daily cash transactions and keeping petty cash float.
- Maintenance of stores ledger
- Maintenance of capital (asset) items inventory
- Post transactions into ledgers
- Processing of payroll for the staff.
- Help in the preparation of financial reports
- Handle payments of statutory and other payroll deductions
- Undertake banking duties and collecting funds for the organization.
- Support in the handling insurance matters.
- Data entry for bank reconciliation statements in the accounting software.
- Any other duty allocated by the management from time to time.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
(The knowledge, skills and abilities may be required through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the-job-training).
- Level of Education
Bachelor’s degree in any of the following areas: Accounting, Finance, Business, or any related field.
- Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
CPA Part II.
- Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting and other computer application packages
- High level of integrity to be able to handle assets, cash and cash related transactions.
- Good interpersonal skills to be able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Attention to detail to be able to scrutinize payment supporting documents before effecting payment.
- Effective communication both oral and written
- Good organizing skills
- Relevant Job Experience
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a busy accounts office (preferably an NGO).
- At least two (2) years on Human Rights and Sexual and Gender Diversity
- Position Relationships:
|Within the Organization||Outside the Organization|
|All Staff||SuppliersBanksInsurersGovernment and other Agencies|
- Authority/Decision Making :
The job is performed in accordance with standard procedures and guidance with occasional need for independent decision. The job provides responsibility for payment vouchers, petty cash safe and pension returns.
- Working Conditions:
The job is conducted both in an office setting with frequent visits to the bank and other government offices. The work performed presents limited exposure to job related hazards.
- Acknowledgment & receipt by the incumbent:
I acknowledge that I have received, read and sought clarification of any questions I have about the content of this job description.
*Last page to be printed and signed;
To apply for this position, print and sign this last page, attach your CV, Motivational letter and credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com with the subject “Accounts Assistant” by 15th August 2021.
Pema Kenya is an equal opportunity employer irrespective of age, ethnicity, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, HIV status or physical capabilities.
Persons who identify as LGBTIQ and / or persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification